Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Off-topic: Autocorrect Woes

My iPhone's autocorrect, though I thought I'd "trained" it properly, has actually retrograded into being completely useless; I'll often be texting while driving (I know, I know…I set a HORRIBLE example!) but not really looking at the keyboard, just tapping my fingers where I think the letters I want are located, and the damn autocorrect won't even help me out a bit. But I'll press the space bar and the phone will think whatever I've just typed must have been legit…
…Because I'll be trying to type something actually legitimate and will have actually spelled it correctly, and my autocorrect will try to tempt me to accept some gibberish that I'd obviously previously mistyped and accepted. UGH.

My favorite times, though, are when I'm trying to type something out that may or may not be legit, but my autocorrect replaces it with a word that obviously was never in its original vocabulary, yet that I've used often enough that it's deemed 'plausible' with the autocorrect gods.

Case in point: I tried to type out "fuckup" to my old college roommate, and A.C. corrected it to "fuckity". Now I know I use "fuckity fuck fuck" every now and then, but I was majorly impressed with Sir Auto-Correct for pulling this one out of his magic tophat.

Autocorrect can really "fuckup" one's text mojo,
  Bickley

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Oh, auto-correct. You either love it or you hate it. :p

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so true! I have to say, we have a love/hate relationship. =D

      Just became your newest blogspot follower, by the way. Love the blog…there's something in there for everyone!
      Would love it if you'd stop back by and follow back! Glad you enjoyed the post!

      xo, Bickley

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...